February 4, 2014

The Beauty: Evening Skincare - Winter Edition

So this is the second episode of my little skincareseries. Today telling you all about the products I use in the evening during the colder months.
If I've been wearing makeup that day I will first take this off with the Bioderma Créaline H2O Micellaire Solution. One soaked cotton pad for my eye-makeup and one for the rest of my face and my neck. Then I take cleansing to the next level by rubbing the The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser between my hands and then massaging it gently into my face. This cleanses my pores quite well and takes off any makeup residue. I take the cleanser off with a warm damp muslin cloth and then simply wash my face with water.

To hydrate my always dry and thirsty skin I use a really hydratin toner that also helps my moisturiser to stay put and sink in better. At the moment I'm loving the Annemarie Börlind Rosedew Hydro Stimulant Facial Toner. Just a few drops rubbed between my hands and then gently padded into my skin. To really hydrate my skin I then use the Rituals Sensitive Skin Night Cream with Calming Botanical Extracts. You just really need a small amount of this and it hydrates amazingly! When I wake up in the morning my face always looks hydrated and fresh. The eye-cream I use in the evening is the same as in the morning, it's the Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream. (If you want to know about more about this, just read my morning skincare routine blogpost here.)

All these products really suit my dry, irritated and patchy skin and really help me solving those skinproblems! Great reccomendations here for all of you with dry skin.
Keep your eyes peeled for the last episode of my skincare series which will be all about additional skincare products that I add to the routine every once in a while!

Lots of Love
Julie