May 26, 2014

The Beauty: Perfect Summer Base


Today I want to show you the ingredients to my perfect bronzed glowing summer base!

 

First I have to say that I always, ALWAYS apply any kind of sunscreen to my bare face before I even think about to apply makeup. Protecting your sensitive skin from the sun is a must, especially in the summer! I will show you my current sunscreen in my upcoming favourites, so stay tuned for that!

Recently I bought the The Body Shop InstaBlur All-in-One Primer and have completely fallen in love with it. I have quite big pores on my nose and around my chin area and my makeup always seems to cling onto them. This primer completely smoothes my perfection, evens out redness and makes my pores (almost!) dissapear. 
On top of my primer I apply the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation which is also absolutely brilliant. Because of my eczema I always suffer from dry patches which get completely smoothed out by the serum like formula of the foundation. Applied with my fingers or the Real Techniques Buffing Brush my skin looks flawless!
I love to be tanned in summer and to accentuate that I apply the Bourjois Bronzing Primer on every part of my face where the sun would naturally hit. Applied with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush this makes my skin look even more flawless and it blends the products evenly into my skin. If I'm wanting my cheeks to look even more healthy and glowy I apply the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in 'Tipsy' (THE perfect coral rose colour for fair and tanned skin!).
Lastly I like to conceal my dark undereye cirles with the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I didn't like the formula and concealing power at all so I banished it to the deeps of my drawer. But now that the formulation has dried a bit and is more of a creamy texture I absolutely love this! It doesn't crease and corrects any darkness perfectly. On some days I like to brighten up my eye area with the Yves Rocher Radiant Youth Corrector Pen.
 
What is your secret to beautiful summer skin?
Lots of Love
Julie