June 11, 2014

The Beauty: Perfect Summer Base Enhancers

Last Monday I showed you my current favourite product to achieve a glowing and bronzed base (read here!). So today I want to tell you some tips and tricks how you can enhance that look even more. Because I just love a tanned and healthy look on me.


1. Embrace every part of your body
Good and healthy looking skin mostly comes from within. So keep yourself hydrated, eat healthy and stay fit. But if your skin looks a bit dull and fair nevertheless, try using a light selftanner. I really like the Dove Sunshine Selftanning Body Lotion For All Skintypes as it gives a light tan to your skin, applies easily (no streaks!) and leaves your skin with a healthy glow.

2. Perk up your lips
The one thing that always embraces my tan is a pretty pink or coral lip. This year I'm loving the Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in '210 Pinkadilly Circus', a true hot coral pink that makes your tan pop and your teeth look even whiter.

3. Contrast your nails
What matters for your lips matters for your nails as well. Apply a bright pink, coral, fuchsia or white and your tan will really pop. My favourite nailpolish is the Essie Nailpolish in 'DJ play that song' (see it applied on my nails here!), a bright but matte fuchsia that suits every summer outfit.

4. Highlight those cheeks
And to complete your bronzed and glowing look you got to highlight your cheeks as beautiful as possible. I prefer powder highlighters during hot summer days as they tend to fade evenly during the day and don't run down my face and leave me looking like a discoball. My current favourite is the Catrice Prime And Fine Highlighting For A Luminous Glow in '010 Fairy Dust'. This is a beautiful (and cheap!) light rosegold highlighter that's fabulous on your cheeks, the bridge of your nose and your browbones.

Do you have any tricks to enhance your beautiful tanned summer glow?
Lots of Love
Julie