June 6, 2014

The Beauty: Protected Sunkissing

This weekend it's going to be about 30°C where I live and I'm totally looking forward to it! But as I will be lying and walking around in the sun all day I've got to protect my skin.


I hope you all know by now that you should wear SPF everyday, even during winter, because there's always sun coming through the clouds and besides from preventing early aging you should always be aware of skincancer! So on a day to day basis I like to wear a moisturiser with SPF 15 and then a foundation with SPF on top.

But with warmer days coming around I like to really protect my skin. As the weather gets warmer I switch my "light" moisturiser for the TheBodyShop Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser SPF 30 for Dull Skin. This is also a very lightweight moisturiser, that really enrichens your skin and gives it a bright and alive look. It doesn't leave a white residue on your skin and hasn't made me break out once (yes!). And it's a great base for makeup as well!
For my lips I use the TheBodyShop Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15 all year round (I've already talked about it in my 2013 Beauty Staples!)
I like to protect my body on an everyday basis with the Korres Sunscreen Face&Body Emulsion Yoghurt Sunscreen in SPF 20, at least that parts that won't be protected by clothes. This sunscreen smells amazing (!!!) like yoghurt and somehow a bit like guave. But the best thing just is that the sunscreen doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. On days when I know I will be overly exposed to the sun I just use the Korres Sunscreen Face&Body Emulsion Yoghurt Sunscreen in SPF 50. And don't forget to reapply, especially when you're sweating or bathing!

And my last tips just are: stay in the shade as much as possible and keep hydrated during the day!

Lots of Love
Julie