May 22, 2015

The Outfit: building a wardrobe - capsule pieces


summer and spring 2
As I share a spring and summer capsule it's not as easy to narrow it down to a certain amount of pieces as during autumn and winter. Here in Germany it still can be very cold on some days even during summer so I just can't completely ban thicker sweaters and longsleeves from my wardrobe. But I'm still all about the airy and flowy pieces.

I've already told you in the last 'building a wardrobe' post that I'm all about white and blue during the warmer months and this year is no exception. I already got all the pieces I need for my spring/summer capsule. I've just purchased one pair of new flats as I really needed some (the blue/black/white vans style ones you can see above). As for the rest I'm really happy about what I got last year.

this year's capsule pieces are
  • staple dresses with bold prints that I will be able to wear on it's own without looking too basic
  • airy blouses that can be worn over jeans and shorts as well
  • jeans shorts and printed shorts
  • striped crop tops which go with high waisted jeans or skirts
  • basic tops that can be dressed up by accesorizing 
  • mint trousers (go with blue, white, black and grey...)
  • blazers - I'm especially in love with this bright yellow one from Zara I got last year
Esentially it's all about mixing bold patterns with basic pieces. Either bold shorts with a basic top or the other way round. As the hotter months aren't really about layering this is the way I like to stand out a bit.
Lots of Love
Julie